Here’s the problem…
- Diapers are something we take for granted, but there are many people who can’t afford to buy even the most basic needs for their children.
- Food pantries typically do not have a supply of diapers and with limited transportation, the people with limited income are unable to get to stores such as Wal-Mart or Target where diapers are considerably less expensive than the local grocery or drug store.
- Struggling families cannot put their children in child care facilities without an adequate supply of diapers.
Here’s what TBC Social Action Committee is doing…
- For the past 6 years, we’ve been collecting diapers through special diaper drives by B’nai Mitzvah students, school organizations, Scouts, Miriam Messe Food and Diaper Drive, Sisterhood events, donations from the Religious School, Sisterhood and Social Action Committee funds.
- We’ve collected almost 40, 000 diapers.
- All diapers collected will be distributed to families in need through the Community Action Committee of Danbury (CACD), the Danbury Women’s Shelter and other groups who need diaper supplies.
How you can help…
- We especially need larger sizes (size 4- 6).
- If you have any questions or have some ideas about how we can increase the number of diapers that we collect…maybe you could have a diaper drive at your school, or ask your friends to bring diapers to your next party instead of another “hostess gift” that you really don’t need.
Contact: Jane Alexander…email@example.com